Ultimate Movie and TV Badass Tournament
I think it's time for another whodwinafight
tournament. Last year's King of Beasts was pretty fun. Let's do something like that again.
So who's the ultimate movie/TV badass? Who could kick the ass of all the rest? I'm opening the floor for nominations, and then I'll pick the best 2^n choices and put them in a bracket, much like last year's King of Beasts tournament.
A couple of rules:
1. Humans with no superpowers only. There doesn't seem to be much point discussing what would happen if Rambo fought Superman, Dumbledore, or Optimus Prime. (Although I'd watch a movie about Rambo fighting the T-1000.) But comic-book style characters without superpowers are fine.
2. Feel free to nominate multiple incarnations of the same character if they're different enough. For example, the Connery and Craig James Bonds should probably both be in the tournament. Ditto with the Keaton and Bale Batmans.
3. Try to avoid characters that are nearly identical. Can you tell the difference between John Matrix (Commando) and Dutch (Predator)? Because I can't.
4. Heroes, villains, and supporting characters are all fine.
Make your nominations in comments, and feel free to argue over other people's suggestions.
Here are some of my nominations:
- James Bond (Connery)
- James Bond (Craig)
- Batman (Keaton)
- Batman (Bale)
- John Matrix or
Dutch (I'm open to either one. Argue for one or the other in comments)
- Vic Mackey
- John McClane
- John Rambo
- Jack Bauer
- B.A. Baracus
- Gunnery Sergeant Hartman (Full Metal Jacket)
- Frank Castle (The Punisher)
- Ellen Ripley or
Vasquez (convince me which is best)
- James T Kirk
- Hannibal Lecter
- Frank Martin (The Transporter)
- Big Chris (Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels) or
Bullet Tooth Tony (Snatch)
- Major Reisman (The Dirty Dozen)
- Blondie (The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) or
Joe (A Fistful of Dollars)
- Kikuchiyo (The Seven Samurai)
- Han Solo
- Indiana Jones
- Walker, Texas Ranger (Note that he doesn't get any Chuck Norris superpowers)
- Jason Bourne
This list is just based on my thinking of names for 10 minutes. I'm sure there are some obvious people missing, so don't berate me with, "How could you leave off [insert badass here]?" That's why I'm asking other people to submit their nominations. Also, if you think any of my suggestions are pussies, go ahead and argue why.
And is anyone interested in actually running this tournament? I've had a lot more work to do at work lately, so I don't know if I'll have to time to post about it every day.